Since 1881, AAUW (American Association of University Women) has been the nation's leading voice promoting education and equity for women and girls. At the national level, AAUW Funds provide educational opportunities and equity for women and girls through research and support of fellowship and grants programs. The five most commonly supported funds within the general AAUW funds (see graphic representation) are:
- The Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF) (#3999), which supports the protection of the legal rights of those who are facing discrimination. LAF programs include legal case support, LAF Case Support Travel Grants, and Campus Outreach Programs. Click on Advocacy to read more about LAF and our branch's support of this fund.AAUW-Morgan Hill's support of LAF.
- The Educational Opportunities Fund (EOF) (#4336), which supports educational and learning opportunities that give women a chance for a lifetime of success. Our programs include fellowships and grants, the Fellows Alumni Initiative, and the Undergraduate Scholarship Clearinghouse.
- The Public Policy Fund (#4337), which supports advocacy for public policies and laws that are fair to women. Public policy programs include government relations, civic engagement, and field organizing.
- The Eleanor Roosevelt Fund (#9170), which supports AAUW research to provide analysis, data, and accurate information about issues that are important to women and girls. Past reports include:
Behind the Pay Gap (2007)
The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap (Spring 2015)
- The Leadership Programs Fund (#4339), which supports programs that develop women’s potential to lead in their schools, workplaces, communities, and country. Leadership programs include the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL), Campus Action Projects, and Elect Her. The Morgan Hill branch annually sponsors a local college student to attend NCCWSL. Click on Local Scholarships to learn more and/or to apply.
last updated: 4-7-15 eam